Director of Business Development - NY
New York, NY | Sales | Full-timeApply for this job
Tubular provides the measurement standard that is powering the digital video revolution. Tubular helps companies of all sizes refine their content & distribution strategy, find & partner with influencers, and optimize their paid media budgets. Tubular’s 200+ enterprise software customers include Viacom, Mattel, Google, Activision, Conde Nast, and Vice Media. Tubular has 120+ employees with offices in Mountain View, CA, New York, NY, and Los Angeles, CA. Tubular’s investors include Canaan Partners, FirstMark Capital, Lerer Ventures, Innovation Endeavors, and SV Angel.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CEO, Tubular is seeking a results-driven Director of Business Development to lead all partnership and alliance discussions for the company. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and signing deals that drive increased revenue growth, and continuing to develop an ecosystem that is cementing our leadership as the global media measurement standard for digital content. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing all of the partnerships and alliances once they are signed.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience working in digital media. This includes working for one or more companies in the measurement, social listening, and/or marketing tech verticals.
In this role, you will work closely with Tubular's engineering, product, finance, and marketing teams to deliver outstanding results. This position will begin as an individual contributor, so you will need to roll up your sleeves and get things done, but may grow a small team over time, depending on the type of partnerships and alliances that are created.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and close partnerships that increase the sale of Tubular's products and services
- Build senior-level relationships with ecosystem partners (e.g. Kantar, Nielsen, Adobe, etc.) to establish alliances that enhance Tubular's brand awareness and promote Tubular as the media measurement standard for digital content globally
- Develop existing and establish new relationships with providers of data to the Tubular platform to ensure the broadest and longest-term possible access to the data
- Work cross-functionally at Tubular to coordinate the knowledge and resources required for the successful execution of partnerships and alliances
- Articulate Tubular's value prop to prospective partners in verbal and written form
- Prepare high-quality presentations and proposals for all business development discussions
- Drive complex agreements through the negotiation process to close
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for any issues that arise from Tubular's partnerships or alliances
- Travel to meet with existing and potential partners as needed
- BA/BS degree from a top academic institution
- 8+ years of proven success in a business development, product management, and/or product marketing role at a B2C or B2B technology company
- 4+ years of proven success in a business development role at B2B SaaS company
- Extensive experience sourcing, negotiating, and closing business development deals in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for identifying key strategic concerns quickly and then driving internal and external constituents to a consensus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, and resourceful with the ability to adapt quickly
- Comfortable with the legal aspects of business development deals
- Experience negotiating deals that involve data is a plus
- Experience working with brands and agencies is a plus