May Rankings of Top Video Brands and Publishers Are Live; Automotive and Sports Media Property Rankings Make Debut
Caroline Lu June 22, 2016
Rankings for the most watched online video publishers in May 2016 are now live in Tubular's Rankings Center! This month, we also debuted rankings of top automotive and sports media properties. Moving forward, we will release rankings of additional industry properties each month.
Key takeaways from May 2016:
- Buzzfeed held the #1 place in Media property rankings with 4.7 Billion views. The Walt Disney Company, Time Warner, Comcast and The LAD Bible rounded out the top 5 media properties in May.
- Buzzfeed’s Tasty maintained its #1 spot in cross-platform rankings from last month, with 1.9 Billion views and a V30 of 26 Million (averaging 26M views per video during the first 30 days). BuzzfeedVideo maintained its place as the most engaging publisher in the top 10 with 1.3x more engagement than the average video publisher.
- In Automotive property rankings, Nissan took the #1 spot with 84 Million views. German auto brands reigned strong in the top 10, represented by Audi (#3, 74 Million views), Volkswagen (#8, 53 Million views), Mercedes-Benz (#9, 43 Million views) and BMW (#10, 32 Million views).
- In Sports Media property rankings, WWE took the #1 spot with 731 Million views followed by Turner Sports and Fox Sports at 689 Million and 291 Million views each respectively.
- The top 100 video brands and influencers together generated 41.2 Billion total cross-platform views in May, with an average V30 (views at 30 days) of 3.4 Million and an average ER (engagement rating) of 1.3x, meaning these creators and brands produce content that’s 1.3 times more engaging than the average.