We are looking for a Senior Strategist to join our Insights & Strategy Team, an in-house consulting group that uses Tubular‘s cutting-edge data to provide customized research and insights. Our job is to help our clients better understand digital and social video, measure performance, and drive recommendations for their marketing, content and audience development strategies.
This role will be a critical contributor on one of Tubular’s strategic growth initiatives, unlocking the brand & buy-side opportunity of the social video marketplace. We are looking for a creative, analytical and adaptable individual with passion for partnering with brands and agencies in the world of online social video.
Your primary responsibility will be to partner with sales counterparts to pitch and lead client engagements from start to end, from assessing needs, scoping proposals, directing analysis, and managing project execution and on-time delivery to the highest standards. The ideal candidate should have an “ambidextrous brain,” able to go from qualitative to quantitative analysis and back again, and effortlessly move from a high-level view in discussing a marketer's business with poise, to a more in-the-weeds view to execute analysis proficiently.
What you will be doing:
- Bring your subject matter expertise to partner with brand team sellers on co-pitching prospects, ensuring Tubular’s value proposition is as compelling as possible
- Ability to lead on projects and client engagements from both an analytical perspective as well as directly interacting with customers as a thought leader & partner.
- Work together with the Product, Product Marketing and Sales to package Tubular solutions to accelerate penetration into brands and agencies.
- Aid in Tubular economic impact assessments bringing credibility & expertise by sharing customer stories of how we can or have helped similar companies.
- Educate prospects and clients to evangelize our value through innovative yet pragmatic thought leadership.
- Own project execution and delivery for designated clients, which includes: handling projects from end-to-end, including research methodology, client calls, project implementation, optimization, analysis, and visually representing insights using both primary and secondary data.
What you bring with you:
- Deep knowledge of how brands operate & their marketing mix, including knowledge of the media buying & planning process.
- Understanding of agency and brand dynamics within social and digital marketing.
- 4-5 years of experience from a high performing organization (e.g., management consulting, high growth tech company, media agency, insights agency) with significant experience working directly with senior-level clients – including selling, running meetings, and delivering analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in business development, sales and marketing.
- Experience working in an enterprise solution sales environment, collaborating with AMs and AEs in the development and closure of sales opportunities
- Experience increasing account size by collaborating with sales and client teams on increasing the number of solutions utilized.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, a passion for digital video and/or social media, and strong intuition for the fast-moving online video industry.
- Excellent communication skills that span written, spoken, and visual communication.
- Experience and comfort managing projects, and capable of operating confidently in the gray areas, using good judgement to aid decision-making.
- A clear and methodical approach to problem-solving and ability to independently pursue hypotheses to discovery and recommendation.
- Advanced use of Excel, PowerPoint, R, SQL, and YouTube are a plus; Fluency in Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
What do we offer:
- Working directly with the hottest companies in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future
- Comprehensive and fully-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and your dependents
- A culture of growth-minded owners and a winning team