Last Updated on May 13, 2018
1. Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Tubular Labs and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Tubular Labs may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to Tubular Labs through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that Personal Information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
Information You Volunteer: If you open an Account with us, start a free trial, purchase products or Services, send us an email, complete a survey, or share Personal Information with us in any other way, we collect this information. This depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address or billing information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content, features or Services.
Information You Post Online: If you post information on any public areas of our websites (or elsewhere on the Internet) that information may be collected and used by anyone, including Tubular Labs. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you.
Data from Social Networking Services: In your Account settings, you may choose to opt in and allow Tubular Labs to connect to one or more of your Social Networking Service (“SNS”) accounts (e.g. your Facebook Page or YouTube Channel). If you choose to authenticate through an SNS, Tubular Labs may access data from the applicable SNS platforms on your behalf (such as dark posts and geo-fenced posts) (collectively, “Authenticated Data”). Tubular Labs may use Authenticated Data to improve the Services for you (e.g. by using such data to deliver more accurate statistical data and rankings regarding your Facebook Page) and to improve the Services overall (e.g., Authenticated Data used to improve Tubular Labs’ Services will be aggregated and anonymized and used for purposes such as producing derived market estimations).
Tubular Labs will not make your specific set of Authenticated Data available to Tubular Labs users other than on an aggregated and anonymized basis, unless you have chosen to opt in to Tubular Labs’ Rank Booster Program. If you have opted into the Rank Booster Program, Tubular Labs may make public some of your Authenticated Data, such as dark posts and geo-fenced posts, for the purpose of ensuring that all of your video activity is correctly attributed to you within Tubular Labs’ Services).
You may revoke Tubular Labs’ ability to collect your Authenticated Data at any time through the opt-out feature in the Settings section of your Account. In addition to opting out via the Settings section in your Tubular Labs Account, you may also revoke Tubular Labs’ access to SNS Authenticated Data via the SNS security settings pages. In addition to opting out via the Settings section in your Tubular Labs Account, you may also revoke Tubular Labs’ access to YouTube Authenticated Data via the Google security settings page, found at: https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions.
If you opt into authenticating any of your SNS Accounts with Tubular Labs, Tubular Labs will:
- Never post on your behalf to any of your authenticated SNS Accounts (e.g. your Facebook Page or YouTube Channel).
- Never manage any of your SNS Account ad campaigns (e.g. Facebook ad campaigns or YouTube ad campaigns) and will never alter any of your SNS ad settings.
If you have any questions or comments about SNS Authenticated Data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automatic Collection: Like most web businesses, we use automated mechanisms (e.g., cookies and/or web beacons) to keep track of user interactions with our Services.
- “Web Beacons” (also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
Our uses of such technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on Third-Party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Log Data. Our servers also automatically record certain information about how a person uses our Services (we refer to this information as “Log Data”), including both account holders and non-Account holders. Log Data may include information such as an Individual’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that an Individual was visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which an Individual browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that an Individual clicked on and other statistics. We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage Third Parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our Users’ needs and preferences. We may use a person’s IP address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used. We also use third-party services such as Mixpanel and Google Analytics to gather and analyze user information.
2. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The short answer is that we generally use this information to provide and improve our Services, to generate statistics on how the Services are used, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), for marketing purposes, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Tubular Labs may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and Accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Tubular Labs’ Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
Administrative Purposes. Tubular Labs may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Tubular Labs’ Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual Accounts and activities on Tubular Labs’s Services and systems, and, in Tubular Labs’ discretion, changes to any Tubular Labs policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your Account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or Services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
Marketing Tubular Labs Products and Services. Tubular Labs may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Tubular Labs may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
Research and Development. Tubular Labs may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, Tubular Labs may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and Services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Tubular Labs’ or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions below.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. Tubular Labs may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Tubular Labs’ Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Tubular Labs may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Tubular Labs and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Tubular Labs’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Tubular Labs allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as “Tell a Friend.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request but will not be collected or otherwise used by Tubular Labs or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
Other Uses. Tubular Labs may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3. Third-Party Websites, Social Media Platforms, and Software Development Kits
The Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Tubular Labs does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Tubular Labs’ Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third Parties for any number of purposes.
4. When Do We Share or Disclose Your Information?
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and Services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Tubular Labs has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
Business Partners. Tubular Labs may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Tubular Labs may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Tubular Labs. Tubular Labs requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Tubular Labs provided them.
Displaying to Other Users. The content you post (e.g., comments or posts in chat boards) to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Through our Services, Tubular Labs may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Tubular Labs related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions below.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Tubular Labs policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Tubular Labs; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
5. Data Transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by Tubular Labs may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Tubular Labs, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
6. Your Choices
“Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
Although Tubular Labs makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Tubular Labs is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Tubular Labs determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Tubular Labs will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 (and in some jurisdictions 16). If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 13 (and in some jurisdictions 16), we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
8. Third Parties
In addition, the Services may contain links to Third-Party websites and content. Tubular Labs does not control these websites and/or content and these Third Parties’ privacy policies may be different from our own. You access linked websites or Third-Party content at your own risk.
9. Data Retention
Any information collected by Tubular Labs is stored on servers that Tubular Labs manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result, Tubular Labs cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services.
11. International Users
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the jurisdictions listed above and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
12. Redress/Compliance and Accountability
13. Other Rights and Important Information
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Tubular Labs will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
California Privacy Rights. California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Tubular Labs does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
- “Employee” refers to any current, temporary, permanent, prospective or former employee, director, contractor, worker, or retiree of Tubular Labs or its subsidiaries worldwide.
- “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Individual”).
- “Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- “Sensitive Data” or “Sensitive Personal Information” is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a “Special Category of Personal Data” under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (7) health information; (8) sexual orientation or information about the Individual’s sex life; or (9) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
- “Third Party” is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, Tubular Labs or Tubular Labs’s Agents.
15. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.
You can also contact us by mail at:
Tubular Labs Inc.
153 Castro Street #300
Mountain View, CA 94041