We’re looking for an exceptional person to lead Tubular Lab’s consulting team to accelerate the growth of our business with buy-side brand and agency clients. This Insights & Strategy team is an in-house consulting group that uses Tubular‘s cutting edge data to provide customized research and strategic insights to help clients grow their businesses. Tubular processes terabytes of online social video consumption data across the largest social media platforms, and this position requires a rare combination of business, technical and analytical acumen.
The Senior Manager/Head of role is responsible for leading a team of Insights & Strategy experts in the selling and delivery of client projects. Insights & Strategy consultants help clients better understand digital and social video, measure performance and provide recommendations for their content and audience development strategies. Consultants are expected to lead client engagements from start to end, from scoping proposals, directing analysis and managing project execution and on-time delivery to the highest standards.
The ideal candidate should have an ambidextrous brain, able to successfully shift from business conversations with senior executives at clients, to coaching and development conversations with team members, to thought leadership and product innovation with internal Tubular stakeholders, and finally to highly analytical structuring, interrogation and interpretation of Tubular’s proprietary data assets.
This position reports directly to Tubular’s Chief Strategy Officer and will be based in New York.
What you will do:
- Managing a growing team of junior and senior consultants
- Train consultants on the highly technical skills required to analyze online social video content and extract findings and recommendations for clients
- Grow and manage a $10M+ client portfolio, including project execution and delivery for designated clients, research methodology, project implementation, and client presentations, based on synthesizing primary and secondary data.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to support sales opportunities, ensure utmost customer satisfaction and encourage usage of the Tubular software
- Conceive and lead the authorship of industry and consumer insights reports at the forefront of digital video platforms and online video analytics
- Provide recommendations to product management, data science and software development engineers to innovate Tubular’s products and services
- Lead the analysis and management reporting in support of Tubular’s aggressive Buy-Side market penetration plan
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience and achievement within high performing organizations (e.g., management consulting, high growth tech company, media agency) with significant experience working directly with senior-level clients – including selling, running meetings, and delivering analysis
- BA/BS degree, with coursework in marketing, statistics, economics and consumer behavior
- Proven experience and proficiency in social media, digital content, and/or media research and strategy
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, a passion for digital video and/or social media, and strong intuition for the fast-moving online video industry
- Excellent communication skills that span written, spoken, and visual communication
- Experience and comfort managing projects, including managing a high-performing team of analysts across a broad, diverse client base
- A clear and methodical approach to problem-solving and ability to independently pursue hypothesis to discovery
- Advanced use of Excel, PowerPoint, R, SQL (and other data analysis tools), as well as YouTube and Facebook analytics are a must.
- A proven track record of moving the marketing industry forward with a blend of ambition, intensity, curiosity, restlessness, resilience and a sense of humor!
What do we offer:
- Working directly with the hottest companies in media and technology
- Competitive compensation and equity
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future
- Comprehensive and fully-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and your dependents
- A culture of growth-minded owners and a winning team