Tubular Labs API
Terms of Service
Macro API Terms of Service
- Acceptance of Terms. This Tubular Labs Macro API Terms of Service document (the “API TOS”), together with the Data Services Agreement (the “DSA”) and the Software Services Agreement (“Agreement”) you have executed, is an agreement you must accept in order to use the Macro API. In this API TOS, you are referred to as “you” and Tubular Labs may be referred as “Tubular Labs,” “we” or “our”. If you are entering into this API TOS on behalf of a company, organization or another legal entity (an “Entity”), you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that Entity to this API TOS. In that case, “you” will refer to that Entity. By accepting this API TOS or by accessing or using the Macro API, you agree to be bound by this API TOS. This document describes your obligations as part of using the Macro API. The capitalized terms used but not defined in this API TOS shall have the meanings given to them in the DSA and the Agreement.
- Restrictions and Requirements.
- Tubular Labs reserves the right to throttle unusually high use of its Macro API if in Tubular Lab’s reasonable judgment throttling is necessary to preserve the quality of the services.
- You acknowledges that the Data Services (including the Macro API) contains trade secrets of Tubular Labs and its licensors, and, in order to protect such trade secrets and other interests that Tubular Labs and its licensors may have in the Data Services, you agree your rights granted in the DSA and the Agreement are subject to the following restrictions:
- Reliance on Macro API. Tubular Labs is still evolving, and we need the flexibility to occasionally make changes to our APIs. We will try to give notice of these changes. Also, parts of our API are undocumented, including certain methods, events, and properties. Given that these undocumented aspects of our API may change at any time, you should not rely on these behaviors.
- Applicable laws or agreements. You may not use the Macro API in violation of any law or regulation, or rights of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality, or in any manner inconsistent with this API TOS or other agreements with Tubular Labs to which you are subject.
- Scope of acceptable use. You may not use the Macro API or any other related services in a manner (a) that accesses or uses any information beyond what Tubular Labs allows under this API TOS, the DSA, the Agreement or any other related documentation, including the API Documentation; (b) that changes the Data Service; (c) that breaks, circumvents, tampers or interferes with any of Tubular Lab’s (or our providers’) technical, administrative, process or security measures;
(d) that disrupts or degrades the performance of the Data Service or the Macro API; or (e) that tests the vulnerability of Tubular Lab’s systems or networks.
- Malware. You may not transmit any viruses, malware or other computer programming that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system or data.
- Reverse engineering. You may not attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how in the Macro API or portion thereof;
- Functionality. You may not use the Macro API to replicate or compete with core products or services offered by Tubular Labs. You acknowledge and agree that Tubular Labs has or may in the future offer products or services that are similar to your Application, and nothing will prevent Tubular Labs from doing so;
- Commercial Use. You may not charge for your Application or sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, or syndicate access to the Macro API.
- Rate Limits. You will not attempt to exceed or circumvent limitations on access, calls and use of API, or otherwise use the Macro API in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume (1,000 requests/day), constitutes excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of this API TOS or related documentation, including the API Documentation. See https://tubularlabs.com/developer/
- Distribution of your application. You may not copy the Macro API, or distribute or allow access to the Macro API to anyone other than, if applicable, the Entity on whose behalf you entered into this API TOS. Anyone who wants to access our Macro API must agree to be bound by this API TOS.
- You may not decompile, disassemble, modify or adapt the Software Services, merge any Tubular Labs’ data (including, but not limited to API Data) into another application that you license to your customers, or create derivative works of the Software Services;
- You may not take any action that interferes or may interfere with any Software Service, including but not limited to:
- Deleting any copyright or proprietary notices;
- Creating user accounts by automated means;
- Impersonating any person or entity; or
- Using the Software Services for any illegal purpose.
- You agree not to encourage, authorize, or enable anyone to do any of the foregoing prohibited actions.
- We may limit your Application’s access to the Macro API, in our sole discretion, if it may negatively affect our services or our ability to provide our products and services, or to prevent, investigate or otherwise address any suspected misuse of our services. Tubular Labs may cease support of prior versions of its Macro API at any time.
- Storage of Data
- Caching Data. Where API Data is cached, you should refresh the cache at least every 24 hours.
- Secure Storage Measures. All API Data should be stored and served using strong encryption.
- No Other Storing. You may not copy or store any API Data or capture or store any information expressed by the API Data (such as hashed or transferred data), except to the extent permitted by this API TOS.
- Security Measures
- Protections. The network, operating system and software of your web servers, databases, and computer systems (collectively, “Your Systems”) must be properly configured to securely operate your Application and store Data.
- You must promptly report any security deficiencies in, or intrusions to, your Systems to Tubular Labs in writing via email. This includes any unauthorized access, use, disclosure or destruction of API Data. You will work with Tubular Labs to immediately correct any security deficiency, and will immediately disconnect any intrusions or intruder. In the event of any security deficiency or intrusion involving the Application, Macro API or API Data, you will make no public statements regarding such deficiencies or intrusions (e.g., press, blogs, social media, bulletin boards, etc.) without prior written and express permission from Tubular Labs in each instance.
Last Updated: January 19, 2017