Football (AKA Soccer in the USA) is one of the most popular sports followed online, with YouTube dominating views for football related video content.
In a new report from Tubular, football scores a huge number of goals in terms of views and engagement:
- Football-related video content generated 37 billion views across the major social video sites in 2014
- 70% more soccer videos were uploaded to YouTube than Facebook in 2014
- Branded football content attracts 22% more views than the average category
- Ronaldo is the most popular football player for YouTube views
- UK Premier League YouTube “fan channels” today are growing 3.6X that of Premier League official club channels