Hearst TV saw a 320% increase in Facebook video views in 6 months after using Tubular to inform a comprehensive content strategy and seamless distribution process for their extended network.
- Increase aggregate video views across the network of Hearst online properties.
Digital Video Strategy
- Implemented Tubular data as a centralized tool to oversee their distributed portfolio to enable rapid content decisions.
- Significant increase in views across the main social video platforms
“Tubular helps us track our station video performance, identify our best performing content, and stay on top of market trends. We consider it a valuable tool in managing our digital video business.”
Jocelyn Lee, Director of Digital Business Development at Hearst
Critical Business Issues
Hearst Television is a premier publisher that owns and operates 26 local television stations across the US. Each news affiliate runs independent Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Vine accounts. Hearst TV wanted to increase aggregate video views across its network. To do so, they required a centralized tool to oversee their distributed portfolio to enable rapid content decisions.
Integration & Implementation of Tubular Data:
With Tubular, Hearst TV tracked and monitored overall content performance, and gained a deep understanding of what types of content perform best, and where to distribute it. Using these insights, the Hearst TV team capitalized on disseminating high performing, trending news clips throughout their network, thereby maximizing aggregate views.
Results with Tubular (Feb ‘16 to Aug ‘16 vs Aug ‘15 to Jan ‘16) - Aggregated Across All Affiliates:
- Facebook Views Increased 320%
- Facebook Engagement Grew 310%
- Cross-Platform Views Increased 198%
- Cross-Platform Engagement Grew 240%